There is nothing more rewarding for so little effort as tea biscuits. This tea biscuit recipe is extremely economical and easy to make, and this recipe is free making it even more economical. Tea biscuits are great for breakfast with jam and scrambled eggs or they go marvelously with Homemade Tomato Soup or Borscht Soup.
- 2 cups white flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk
- Mixing bowl
- Flour Sifter
- Cutting board (very clean)
- Measuring spoons
- Cookie sheet
- 2 1/2 inch diameter cookie or biscuit cutter
- Mix and sift ALL dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt).
- Cut in butter or margarine rubbing the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingertips.
- Make a hollow in the center of the dry ingredients. Add milk slowly to make a soft dough.
- The dough should be soft and pliable never sticky. Knead dough very lightly for a few seconds on a lightly floured board.
- Pat the dough gently and cut the dough with a floured cutter.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450º F for 12 – 15 minutes. The tea biscuits should rise and be lightly brown in color.
If you have any doubts regarding this recipe, feel free to contact us here.