This homemade tomato soup recipe is an easy recipe to make. This is a fall soup to warm your body and soul. Tomatoes are relatively cheap, but this tomato soup recipe tastes obscenely luxurious — smooth, soft, gentle and rich. As an added bonus, there’s a lot of nutrition in tomato soup. Serve hot with grilled cheese combos.
- 8 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 4 ounces butter
- 1-pint whipping cream
- 4-quart pot
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Measuring spoons
- Drop eight large, ripe tomatoes into a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Remove the tomatoes and peel them. Place the peeled tomatoes back into the pot.
- Add two cups of water, one tablespoon sugar, one teaspoon dill, and a pinch of salt to the tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Sieve the simmered mixture into a bowl or container.
- Put sieved mixture back into the pot and place on low heat.
- Gently add four ounces of butter to the pot — sliver by sliver. Do not let the soup boil!
- Remove pot from the heat and SLOWLY add one pint of whipping cream.
- Stir until smooth. Reheat the soup on low. Again, do not boil.
- Serve immediately with black pepper, chopped parsley and lots of croutons.